Ocean Grove Coastcare is an active group, participating in activities most months of the year (Link to calendar). We do lots of
- weed removal or native plant revegetation primarily in the dunes or nearby
- working bees in winter with community plantings
- clean up litter days in areas adjacent to beach or river
- Community education including film nights, community talks or school events
- Contribute to plastic reduction in our community through supporting local businesses getting on board
- Native Plant give-aways!
We partner with landholders Barwon Coast and City of Greater Geelong, and others including Bellarine Catchment Network and Friends Groups, on projects such as Gardens For Wildlife, dogs on beaches awareness, plastic free Ocean Grove. Current projects are: Gardens For Wildlife link, plantings including National Tree Day and Bushcare’s Big Day Out (calendar link).